I am here today to share my thoughts for beginners who would like to choose art & crafts as career.
I am not expert, but thought of sharing my own experience,trials and errors.
Art & Craft is an heart touching work which makes a customer feel emotional and joyful when they see it. It requires a lot of hard work and dedication to make a masterpiece.
As an artist you have to choose what is more important to you - Money or Passion.Sharing some of my works too.
When you are passionate about your art, keep the following points in mind.
1.Create your own-style
2. Decide on what you want to do.
3, Start with the items which you have with you rather than spending much on the craft supplies at the initial stage.
4. Beware of what you are using in the products(images, fonts) you are creating to sell - Check if any copyright restrictions are there.
5. Pay attention to detail and even a small change can bring a major impact.
6. Create samples of your work and take good photographs in day light
7. Grow your network,Put yourself out in social media and spread the word.
8. If you are opting to make business out of your art then learn how to price your work which is more important. Most people forget to account their labour and time. Pls include it.
9. Research your market where you want to put up
10. Visit some art collection centers or online art collection sites & Indian art gallery for recent updates on art collections & antiques to know the trends in the art world
8. Make invoices upon taking an order and take advance from your client. Do this for even your friend.(I have learnt many lessons on this part)
I hope this post is helpful to initiate some thoughts on choosing art & craft as a career.
Look forward to have your feedback.