This month at IQCG, the challenge i have set is to stencils in your work and add quilling to it.
My inspiration is a mixed media altered art. My blog friend sathya sent me this frame an year ago in RAK. have never attempted to alter it. :P
Took it over and did this.
A small step by step tutorial on mixed media frame
1. Mask the portion which you don't want to get coloured
2. Then i painted the entire frame with Itsy bitsy white texture paint and allowed it to dry.
3. Then stenciled it with texture paint using damask stencil to creature textures
4. Fixed quilled flowers and flourishes on the sides and again stenciled it with sakura modelling paste
5. Painted again with texture paint and allowed it to dry
6. Mixed the blue fabric colours in the sprayer and sprayed it completely.
7. Now remove the masking tape and wipe the portion with tissue if any spill over is there
8. let it dry for an hour and then decorate it as you wish.
Since i was experimenting,couldn't click pictures. Experts bear with me if i am wrong.
Sathya - hope i have not spoiled it
Post your works with stencil here at Indian quilling challenge blog
Card Mania # 82 - Laces or Pearls
Thanks for visiting