This post is on Shadow box with out using a scoreboard. I was inspired to make this on seeing my blogger friend Deepti's post on Lulupu blog. She is a wonderful crafter. You can visit her blog here. Thanks Deepti.
While reading her post, a thought came to my mind to make it without a scoreboard.
Have tried this and made a standlone Paper photo frame with my family photo in it. Decorated it with Quilled malaysian flowers, Leaf diecuts, Crystals, pearls,Handmade rose buds(from Pooja), some Glitter butterflies, Doll was made by me uusing my son's toy clay and painted it with Golden paint.This photo was taken in a hill in my hometown. There is a Goddess Ranganayaki temple in the middle,there is no proper road to it. I have went to this place during my childhood. This was my second visit and I really enjoyed trekking after a long time.
Here is the step by step tutorial for your quilled paper photo frame and I doubt whether to call it as a shadow box tutorial or Paper photo frame tutorial
- Cardstock / chart paper / recycled greeting cards – A4 size
- Fevicol / double sided tape / tacky glue
- Transparent sheet / OHP sheet – 9.5cm x 9.5cm
- Cut the cardstock - 10cm by 10cm. One No. This would be the base.
- Cut the cardstock - 10cm by 3cm – 4 Nos. This is for the panels on the sides
- Now make a mountain fold at 1cm and 2cm, you will get the panel as in the picture below.
- For the folded edges to be perfect , just press the edges by using a highlighter pen(like you score you a scoring tool)
- Now stick the double sided tape to all the edges or use fevicol to fix it as shown below.
- Enclose the OHP sheet to the inner side of the panel. Your shadow box is ready.
- Take the base and decorate as like and stick it to the panel.
- Cut the cardstock like trapezium as below and fix it to the base of the card. Your stand is ready.
- You can decorate the outer and inner side as you want. If you want to do a bigger one just double the sizes.
- This paper photo frame will be a best fit for your quilled projects.
Thanks for visiting
Lovely family photo :)...your shadow box is so beautiful shylaashree ..ReplyDelete
Its beautiful Shylaa ! I thought the golden doll to be ready made..fab job with clay and the pearls around the frame look too good ! You have very lovely family :D ! Thanks for sharing the step by step tutorial !ReplyDelete
Beautiful Shadow box!!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for joining us in Lulupu Challenge #21
WOW ...IS SO NICE and thanks for an easy and clear tutorial..........................ReplyDelete
Loved the step by steps in this tutorial Shylaa. How old are your children now?ReplyDelete
Cards Crafts School Projects
Wow beautiful photo frame thanks for the step by step tutorial shylu....ReplyDelete
It turned out awesome! Such a lovely family photo too!ReplyDelete
wow..Beautiful photoframe with pearls...Lovely family...Thanks for the tutorial..ReplyDelete
Thats a cute shadowbox !!ReplyDelete
Good to have u at Lulupu challenge #21
A fantastic tutorial. Love all the bling, too :) I invite you to join the Anything Goes challenge here: http://pinandtack.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/craft-it-up-with-pin-tack-arts-crafts-challenge-1/ReplyDelete
Win prizes and support pigs :)
Lovely frame, thanks for sharing it with us over at Let's Craft and Create.ReplyDelete
such a beautiful creation!ReplyDelete
wow nicely done ! Love the tutorial and the rose bud inspiration is evident !ReplyDelete
thanks for playing with us at BGC#43